We respect your privacy and we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We value the trust that you place in us by providing to us your personal data and we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from misuse and keeping it secured by complying with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, as amended from time to time.
When you voluntarily send us electronic mail, we will keep a record of this information so that we can respond to you. We only collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. Also, when filling out a form on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. In case you have submitted your personal information and contact details, we reserve the rights to Call, SMS, Email or WhatsApp about our products and offers, even if your number has DND activated on it.
Collection of your Personal Data
Texila American University (www.tauedu.org) collects the information you voluntarily provide when you use one of our sites.
The information we collect depends on how you use our Sites, but, in many cases, it will identify you personally. For example, if you submit an application, we collect the information you provide as part of the online application process.
Likewise, we collect the information you provide when you request information, create an account, or contact us with questions or comments.
Purpose of Collection
We use the personal data and contact information collected from you for the following purposes:
- To follow up with you after you have expressed an interest in our programs
- To improve our programs and services
- To handle and respond to your inquiries, suggestions or complaints
- To better understand the needs and interests of learners, alumni, and other constituencies we serve
- Any other purposes directly related to the above
Use of Data
We intend to use your personal data for our own marketing activities from time to time, including:
- Marketing our products and services, activities, contests, promotional offers (benefits and privileges)
- Special events and any other information which we think may be of relevance, and special events of our business partners or third-party service providers;
- Conducting researches and evaluation
- Such Marketing Activities may be provided to you in various methods in accordance with the personal data you provide to us, including advertisement, Postal Mail, Telephone Call, Recorded Voice Call, Email, Text, WhatsApp or Messages on your wireless or mobile device.
Transfer of Personal Data
We may share Personal Information collected through our Sites within our companies and third-party service providers as necessary on a need-to-know basis to fulfil any of the Purposes. These third parties are required by contract to use the Personal Information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your Personal Information as strictly confidential.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You may choose to disable cookies on your computer by changing your browser’s settings. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our website.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- We take measures to prevent leakage of personal information in our website since we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse and unauthorized disclosure. Our servers and databases are protected by firewalls. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt data as it travels between your computer and our servers.
Third Party Links
How do we Obtain Personal Data?
Most of the personal data we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You created an account and started using our Services
- You visited our website, registered for more information on a specific Service, and/or you initiated communication with us
- You registered to attend or have attended an event organised by Texila American University
- You subscribed to our e-newsletter, blog or a webinar
- You accepted to participate in our market research activities
- You applied for a job or internship with us.
We also receive personal information indirectly, such as in the situations where:
- Our customer or supplier provided us with the contact details of its representatives and personnel who will be our business contact points
- Our customer provided us with the contact details of individuals authorized to use its account to access our Services,
- Our customer provided us with the contact details of its personnel who will attend our event
- Our customer provided us with contact details of its end users (such as telephone number or email address) when using our Services
- An employee of ours gave us your contact details when naming you as a referee
- We have collected your information from LinkedIn or other publicly available sources or from data enrichment providers
- We automatically collect certain information, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, cookie identifiers, and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address ), and when you use our Services.
- By opt-in to receive communication from Texila via emails, SMS, WhatsApp about program updates, news, trends, offers, or blogs. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link provided in all of Texila’s email, SMS, WhatsApp communication.